Friday, February 12, 2021

Light at the End of the Tunnel

 

Often most people are afraid of the dark. Unless it serves to some advantage, they'd prefer to live in the light. A child wakes up in the middle of the night scared and crying.  On Halloween the preference is to wear a scary costume at night.

While groping through life in the dark like walking through a tunnel, suddenly there is light. The end of a difficult situation is finally over. 

Remember the old western movies you saw on TV? The cowboy walks into a dark room, strikes a match, and lights a candle? Suddenly the whole room lights up. Wow! Hollywood performs miracles. 

As many of you know I am a Chicago Cub baseball fan. For many years we sacrificed not being able to see night games. The late Jack Brickhouse insisted that baseball was intended to be played during the day. That was a farce. Through commercial pressure we got lights and it changed the whole perspective about night baseball at Wrigley Field.  Baseball fans like to be entertained. 

In my previous newsletter I shared something about character building.  From a Biblical perspective, because I was born in sin like a lot of other people, I needed some help. I felt like I was living in a dark tunnel. Fortunately, for me and others, the Bible shared the solution to our problem. Today there is hope and I hope you feel the same way that I do. 

So there is light at the end of the tunnel. If you are experiencing some misery in your life don't give up. It doesn't matter what it is. Career, family, church, or whatever, keep moving forward because you may be surprised at what life has to offer.

If you enjoyed reading this article and found it to be helpful, we invite you to sign up for our free newsletter about practical helps. https://aw1283c2.aweb.page/cornerlotsbaseball    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment