Thursday, March 11, 2021

Are You In Control?

Everybody likes to be in control of their own desires and actions. Freedom is the name of the game in life.

I grew up in a German family. Even though I encountered a lot of criticism my mom wanted the best for me. It was a rough life. 

When I was a kid many years ago I loved baseball. There wasn't anything I wouldn't do to listen to a baseball game on my radio. TV in those days was a big box, small screen, and a snowy black and white picture. Baseball wasn't fun to watch on the old RCA TV set.

To satisfy my baseball appetite I made a board game. First, I purchased  some plastic baseball players off a cereal box top. Then I made a spinner and labeled it with all the basics-single, double, triple, out, double play, and home run. You know what I mean. The same baseball rules have been around for a long time. 

The field that was covered with green and gray construction paper and clued to cardboard measured three feet square and was surrounded with a two inch wall. No baseball field would be complete without a dugout along the first and third base foul line. 

The teams I chose were the Chicago Cubs and Brooklyn Dodgers. It could be any team. The choice is yours. Fifteen players kept the dugout bench warm when they weren't on the field.

Just a piece of scratch paper, draw lines to represent nine innings, spin that dial, and play ball. With friends or alone I could play baseball all day. I was in my second heaven and guess what? I was in complete control to have the freedom to win or lose a game. The fun just began.

Freedom is your choice. Choose a career, care for your family, worship God, and more. You are the boss. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?

If you enjoyed reading this article and found it to be helpful, we invite you to sign up for our free newsletter about practical helps at https://bit.ly/38jnZnG.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment