Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Practice Makes Perfect

What did you want to be where you grew up? Have you arrived or are you still searching?

When my teacher first asked me that question lots of thoughts started to race through my mind. Fireman, mailman, truck driver, nurse, you name it and it was mine. But in reality life is a lot different than I thought it would be.

I wanted to be a baseball player. Watching those guys play ball in Cub uniforms got me interested. The problem was I wasn't a good player.

When we started using a little white ball with stitches rather than a twelve inch soft ball it was hard to hit. Timing was important. Connecting with that thing required me to swing when it was an arm's length in front of home plate. I learned the hard way that practice makes perfect.

With the right tools we can do anything. So I frequently went to the batting cages. Strong arms and frustrating moments helped me to become a better player. It felt good to finally connect with the ball.

We weren't professionals, just a bunch of average kids on the block in blue jeans, sport shirt, and tennis shoes having fun on an empty lot. We challenged each other. When was the last time you had fun on an empty lot with friends???

If you enjoyed reading this article and found it to be helpful, we invite you to sign up for our free weekly newsletter at https://bit.ly/38jnZnG. 

Your generous gift of $5.00 will help us continue to share helpful stories for better living. Please use the donate button in the upper right corner. Thank you and have a good day.                   

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment