Thursday, August 12, 2021

The Picker Upper


 Fuel is a good picker upper to start the day. No, I don't mean a heating fuel like coal, oil, or gas to heat your home. No, I don't mean the stuff at the gas pump to fill the tank on your car. 

My friend was on her way to church while chatting with a fellow worker on her phone. They both worked at a local church. "I feel great. I just had my second cup of coffee."

Like millions of other people I'm ready to start my day after I have my coffee. Sometimes I miss breakfast, but never my 'black gold.' There is something magic in a cup of coffee.

Did I say it makes my day? Yes! I'm mentally, physically, and spiritually, awake and ready to meet my public. Without my 'black gold' I would be good for nothing. Can't leave home without it.

It reminds me of my love for baseball. I like to hit that little white ball when it crosses the plate. It's fun to watch my friends chase that baseball all over the place. Such is baseball and it all started with my picker upper for my day.

How does your day start? Do you wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed? Is your 'black gold' burning on the stove? Turn off the burner and pour yourself a cup.

If you enjoyed reading this article and found it to be helpful, we invite you to sign up for our free weekly newsletter at https://bit.ly/38jnZnG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment