Sunday, October 24, 2021

Starting Over Is Not Bad

Our men's small group meets every Saturday morning. Ten men build each other up in the faith with small talk and a brief Bible study. Today Mark, one of our members, shared a need for tires on his car. That got the conversation buzzing.

The topic got me to thinking about the good old days when I needed tires for my own car. I recall the time I visited a shop in a Chicago suburb. Without much money in those days and credit cards weren't popular, I learned about recap tires.

Recap tires are old worn out tires that needed a new cover. They were not the best tires without a warranty like new tires had, but were a good substitute. The discount price made them well worth the investment and I had no regrets. 

So new beginnings were not bad. Starting over may be the best thing going for some people.

I am a church attender all my life. Yes you heard me correctly My first experience in church was in our church nursery. At church camp when I was twelve years old I became a Christ-follower. Change is a part of life and I never looked back. I have no regrets.

The baseball player struck out, slammed down his bat, and in anger walked back to the dugout. Relax, not all is lost. There will be another chance. Perhaps three or four times during the game. Life would be terrible if all we had was one chance in life. 

A new start is what I needed. Throughout my many days on planet earth I've started over many times, and each time my life got better. Can you identify with this experience? To live in denial may create a road block. And we wonder why so many are unsuccessful on their job, community, family, and church. Learn how to make wise decisions and don't be afraid to start over if necessary. 

If you enjoyed reading this article and found it to be helpful, we invite you to sign up for our free weekly newsletter at https://bit.ly/38jnZnG.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment