Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Sting From a Snowblower

 

Don't take common sense for granted. We all have it, but don't always use it wisely. Is that you? I recently encountered an experience that would of been better for my own good if I used some common sense.

A few years back I purchased my first snowblower. We get a lot of snow in the winter time where I live often leaving big piles of snow in our driveway. 

For ten years I had no problem starting my snowblower. Easily the engine turned over and purred like a kitten. Then disaster struck and it wouldn't start. I must of not been living right. Punishment was at my front door. Has that ever happened to you?

For the next three years I encountered challenges that I didn't want to think about. The old engine just didn't want to start. I talked to it. Even sang some favorite tunes to it. I did everything I could think of to start it, but still no go.

I called my local handyman for some help, but no go. He was booked solid for the next two weeks. So I asked my friendly neighbor and he was more than willing to pick it up in his truck and take it over to his shop. For the moment I was riding on cloud nine.

My snowblower friend whom I previously called and was booked up said all he did was set the choke lever and pulled the chord. It got me to thinking so I decided to try it.

I never like to leave any stone unturned so I went outside and gave it a try. The red circular level on the engine said "run" while the other word said "choke."

For the past three years I never thought about putting the lever on "choke." I don't know what I was thinking. It must of been luck that started it at all. So I pulled the chord again and she started up right away and started to purr like a kitten. Where was I when the world was made? 

Immediately I called my neighbor, told him the whole story, and thanked him for his generosity.

The moral to this story was don't take common sense for granted. It might come up like a bee sting and surprise you. 

If you enjoyed reading this article and found it to be helpful, we invite you to sign up for our free weekly newsletter and share it with your friends. https://bit.ly/38jnZnG. 

Sign up today and with our compliments get an Ernie Banks quote on our Corner Lots Baseball poster. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment