Thursday, June 3, 2021

Where is My Baseball Glove?

 
No it's not missing in action. Besides military service men and women whom we all miss dearly, it is something important to me. Even more important than gold and silver.

Nothing thrills me more than a baseball game with friends on a corner lot. Those were the good old days. Wearing blue jeans, sport shirt, and tennis shoes, we had fun. But not all of us were on the same level playing field.

With a collection of splintered bats and tattered baseballs that saw better days, we spread some cardboard bases on the infield. Nothing was impossible for our love to play baseball in those by gone days. Even our baseball gloves had seen better days. 

But I struggled. A friend loaned me a glove that was collecting dusk in his attic. Something was always better than nothing.

It was during the war and hard to purchase a right handed glove for a southpaw. They just didn't make them in those days. Southpaws were depraved. It wasn't a level playing field. 

Fortunately for us over time things began to change. It was a BIG Day in my life when I got my very own brand new right handed baseball glove. You can bet your life on it that I would let no one steal it from me, so watch out. The pride and joy of a little rascal baseball player lived on forever.

If you enjoyed reading this article and found it to be helpful, we invite you to sign up for our free weekly newsletter at https://bit.ly/38jnZnG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment