Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Why be a Writer?

 

Why be a writer? It may surprise you, but God provided a way and opened a door. Can you identify with this type of an experience? 

The question has been asked many times, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" It's a profound question. What is a kid suppose to think? Their mind is about to explode. An imagination gone wild. 

There are lots of things I wanted to be. Did they ever materialize? Nope. I'm still not the president of the United States. 

What fascinates you? What sticks in your brain and lingers in your to-do list? 

One day I got inspired watching "The Waltons." John-boy was a writer and so I wanted to be a writer. But how did I know if that was God's will? I didn't until a package (gift wrapped) arrived titled God's gift and talent for you. I was anxious to learn more about my journey.

There are lots of things that reveal His will. The key is to look for them. Life is a continual learning experience.

My father was a good writer so my mother tells me. He died when I was two years old. Because my mother was an immigrant and my father was a Native American I doubted her comment, but I was wrong. Writing was in my DNA.

I liked baseball and loved to imitate the sports broadcasters. With a game broad and plastic players I was in another world.

God gave me a broad range of interest. There wasn't anything that didn't attract my attention to write and talk about. 

A family member is a commercial artist. She helped me to make camera-ready stuff. Yes the commuter age is here to stay. 

I took a writers class and along with some friends polished my writing skills. While I still have a long way to go, I always have a desire to learn new things.

I now have three baseball stories on Amazon. In addiction my blog titled "Corner Lots Baseball" offers many interesting and entertaining stories FREE for the asking for other readers to enjoy. Thank you God.

It's never too late for you to climb on board and do God's will. Don't allow your passions to lay dormant in your DNA.

If you enjoyed reading this article and found it to be helpful, we invite you to sign up for our free weekly newsletter at https://bit.ly/38jnZnG.     

No comments:

Post a Comment