Thursday, January 20, 2022

Commitment to Achieve Your Goals

 

Are you committed to achieving your goals in 2022? I thought I was until circumstances told me otherwise.

Commitment is hard work and requires consistency. Don't ignore it. No matter how you feel you must force yourself to accomplish the task like getting a college education or playing baseball as an example.

When I graduated from high school the talk of the town was college. Everybody wanted to go to college. Rich man, poor man and in between, it didn't matter. The in group went to college.

I was a poor student. Reading, writing, and arithmetic, was not my thing. I struggled to get passing grades and was willing to give it a try. 

The demand for a college degree in the job market kept nagging me. No human resource person would listen to me. They were more interested in talking to college grads. We were stuck.

So I made up my mind to go to college and continue to struggle. I tried everything. First evening school, then community college, and finally a university. When I graduated it was a proud day in my life joining my fellow classmates and marching down the aisle in a cap and gown. Persistence paid off. 

Another test in persistence was playing baseball. We gathered on a corner lot with friends, but it wasn't always easy. Some guys played like pros while others struggled to keep up with the game. Bullying followed those who couldn't hit or missed catching fly balls. Even on a corner lot in blue jeans and tennis shoes not everybody could play baseball.

If you enjoy reading good stories sign up for my list here. https://bit.ly/38jnZnG.

Sign up today and with our compliments get an Ernie Banks quote on our Corner Lots Baseball poster.


 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment