Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Good Neighbor

David got his hair cut in his good neighbor's basement. It was a time of great need during the quarantine. 

Like a good neighbor State Farm is there. When watching the insurance commercials on TV —Progressive, Your in Good Hands with All State, Geico Insurance, and Like a Good Neighbor State Farm is There. There it is again and I can't get it out of my head for all the times I've heard it. 

The lady across the street just fell down a flight of stairs. Immediately, without hesitation, I rushed over to her house and assisted in getting her comfortable in her living room. 

Later, at the local hospital we pulled up to the Emergency Room entrance. Inside along with some pain medication and X-rays, she was placed in a cast and instructed to follow-up with an Ortho doctor. The ride home was less stressful.

At home the neighbor lady tended to her needs while I went to the grocery store. If my wife knew this she'd kill me. I never cared for our domestic needs unless coaxed enough times to make life miserable. Peace and quiet are real necessities in life and come with a price. 

So like a good neighbor I was there. There's always a feeling of peace in my heart when I do something good for the neighborhood. Do you feel that way? Our lady friend had a successful and complete recovery. 


We like to see baseball fans happy. Since our blog and newsletter are FREE we are in need of some financial assistance. With your gift we'd like you to have an Ernie Banks quote with our compliments.  Please use the donate button on this page. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment